Show Your Local Love This Month – Shop Island Good!
February 2022 / By: Diana
Feeling like the clock is ticking and you need some Valentines Day gift ideas for those special people in your life? Island Good has you covered!
Following are 10 GREAT local, Island Good ideas that will surely be a treat for any Valentine.
1. Love is Ale we need. Head to Sidney and stop into Beacon Brewing. They will be serving a Valentines flight of beer, with 4 red and pink beverage options. This flight will be available for the weekend leading up to Valentines as well as on Valentines day these flights will be $1 off.
2. Make a splash with a seafood dinner! French Creek Seafood in Parksville and Crabby Bob’s in Campbell River have fresh caught seafood available, as well as other local treats to add to your dinner. Tide to Table by Walcan Seafood delivers seafood boxes straight to your door. The bundle boxes are a fantastic way to order a variety tasty seafood. If you live close to Victoria you can order and pick up Wandering Mollusk seafood boils of locally harvested, Vancouver Island seafood. The buckets are made fresh for pick up on Friday or Saturday and ready right away for the stove, BBQ or beach fire. All you need to do is provide the local wine, beer or cider and you’ll be celebrating a great seafood feast your loved ones 20 minutes.As well, Hardy Buoy’s has a Valentine’s gift box for sale online. Only $32.95, includes 3 pkgs of Candied Salmon Jerky shipped anywhere in North America. Other Island Good businesses that deliver seafood are The Drift Meat and Seafood and St. Jean’s. and Effingham Oysters.
3. For the LOVE of Chocolate! Make your Valentine feel special all year long with an assortment of Bean to Bar Craft Chocolate from Coal Creek Roasters. Pure flavour from pure ingredients. Roasted and milled in house to create an intense chocolate experience. They will send your Valentine one 100g bar every month for 10 months! Purchase their 100g Bar Variety Box through our website and they will contact you to sort out the details.
Or make your own healthy Keto Friendly Chocolate with hOMe Grown Living Foods Chocolate Lover’s Box. Filled with Organic Ingredients and a few premade treats to inspire your inner Chocolatier.
4. Get into the spirit. Create a signature Valentines cocktail using Island Good spirits. Some of the Island Good distilleries that have some great ideas on their websites are Wayward Distillery, Devine Distillery, Shelter Point Distillery and Stillhead Distillery.
5. Local wine for the win. Cheers to the one you love with a glass of one of the many Island Good wines. 40 Knots has selected the most romantic of their wines and put them together in a beautiful basket complete with a Greeting Card. Rocky Creek Winery is currently running a Valentine’s Sale through their website shop. Blue Grouse has two promotions for Valentine’s Day: 1. Match Made in Heaven, Chocolate and wine pairing Kit – Three wines paired with Sirene chocolate to enjoy at home. Tasting and pairing notes included, plus some tips on hosting your own chocolate and wine pairing party! 2. Chocolate and Wine Pairing at Blue Grouse Winery – Blue Grouse wines paired with five premium chocolates from Sirene Chocolate of Victoria. Visit their website to learn more.
6. Pamper the one you love. There are so many Island Good companies that create unique, hand crafted beauty products. Visit our searchable list of all the producers and retailers. One such business is Feisty Ferdy. Add their lush Luna cream to your floral bouquet to pamper and spoil your Valentine.
7. One Stop Shopping. Explore Left Coast Fashions on historic First Avenue in Ladysmith for a wide selection of locally sourced clothing, jewelry, soaps, candles and other handcrafted treasures. and discover a wide selection of West Coast creations. They also offer men’s locally made tees, hats and hoodies.
8. Dine Island Good style. Farm Table Inn in Cowichan is offering a special Valentines Weekend Menu, filled with local food, Saturday February 12, Sunday February 13 and Monday February 14. You can also opt in for a wine pairing featuring a variety of Island wines.
9. For the savoury loves in your life! Salt Spring Sea Salt’s quintessential Island blackberry fleur de sel and Pinot Noir are perfect heart gifts this Valentine’s Day.
10. Woof you be my Valentine? Nothing says “I Woof You” more than Foley Dog Treat Company’s limited edition premium baked Cranberry & Chia Valentine’s dog treats. They’re the perfect way to show your dog just how much you love them! Or give to dog friends to tell them just how pawsome they are.
Happy Valentines. Show your local love this month and shop Island Good.