Home / News & Media / Good and Local – 5 Years Running
Good and Local – 5 Years Running
May 2023 / By: Diana
From Island Farm & Garden Magazine May – June 2023
Island Good is celebrating its 5 year anniversary, and the whole Island is joining in the festivities.
Since its launch five years ago, Island Good has been a trusted tool for Island consumers to:
● Discover locally made products and connect with the producers and makers behind them.
● Reduce their carbon footprint.
● Strengthen the Island economy by supporting local businesses.
We do the work of identifying Island-made and grown products, so you don’t have to! Consumers can easily find these products in grocery stores and retailers across Vancouver Island and the Rural Islands, thanks to the Island Good branding and labeling.
Islanders can proudly celebrate the success of this amazing initiative. Not only does it have a positive impact on the economy and environment, but it also creates a more vibrant community of local producers and retailers.
Island Good has celebrations planned all year long! To kick it off join us for:
- An “Island Good Anniversary Adventure: 5 Businesses, 5 Giveaways, 5 Years of Supporting Local on Vancouver Island” all in the month of May – follow us on social media at @islandgoodbrand for your chance to win!
- The second annual Island Good Market Day from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm on June 17th at Arbutus Meadow in Nanoose. Not only will there be up to 50 Island Good vendors showcasing their Island made or grown products but there will also be food trucks, scheduled entertainment, door prizes, pet farm and family activities. FREE PARKING onsite and admission is by cash donation to Island Good. (suggested donation $5.00). The market will be a great opportunity for the Island community to come together, support local and have an awesome day with their families!
- Island Good Days June 19 to 25. Island Good Days has been officially proclaimed in Campbell River, Comox Valley Regional District, Duncan, Esquimalt, Langford, Nanaimo, Port Alberni and stay tuned for more communities… Island Grocers will be celebrating Island Good days by featuring local food producers and growers and encouraging Islanders to shop locally and
support the Island’s economy.
“We’re so proud of what Island Good has achieved in the past five years,” said Vancouver Island Economic Alliance CEO and President Julie Sperber. “We’ve had an incredible response from Island Good businesses and community partners and we’re looking forward to continuing to do good for Vancouver Island and the Rural Islands.”
Brenda Hetman-Craig, Owner at Island Good 40 Knots Winery agrees “To be part of Island Good has immense benefits. Island Good has created this powerful brand that consumers trust and seek out. With the movement of consumers wanting to buy local, social and environmentally sustainable products, this brand is most timely.”
The success of Island Good is the result of Island-wide collaboration with partners, communities and Vancouver Island and Rural Island business owners that work tirelessly to bring local products to us.
We love where we live, we’re proud of Vancouver Island, and we know Island Good is good for the economy, good for jobs, good for the environment, and good for us!