With over 230 Island Good businesses on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, Island Good days is a celebration of our Island Good producers, retailers, restaurants and distributors.
Island Good Days at our Grocers – June 25 and 26, 2022
Celebrate our Island Good producers by visiting participating Grocery Stores: 49th Parallel, Country Grocer, Discovery Foods, Fairway Markets, Tru Value Foods and Quality Foods. They will be featuring Island Good products.
- Shop 49th Parallel and Tru Value Foods to be entered into draw for an Island Good gift basket.
- Sample local goods and get to know our local producers at Country Grocer June 24, 25 and 26. Check out the full schedule here.
- Watch for store advertising during the week preceding June 25/26 and look for the Island Good shelf talkers to identify Island-made goods!
Enjoy Island Good on the Gulf Islands!
Did you know many of the Island Good businesses are based on the Gulf Islands? Day trip to the Gabriola Farmer’s Market Saturday, June 25th, to learn more about Gabriola Island Good businesses and their products! The Gabriola Chamber of Commerce will have a table set up featuring:
- Deb Chaney Contemporary Abstract Artist
- Happy Hippy Soap Co.
- Page’s Market
- Relove Local
- Woodfire Spice
- Mid island Coop
First-ever Island Good Market Day
Island Good Market Day 2022: The first-ever Island Good community event produced by our own business development team, Uplift Marketing, was a huge success on Saturday, June 11th!
Happening all day at our Island Good partners’ Arbutus Meadows venue in Nanoose Bay, the market gathering event brought together over 40 Island Good Member vendors, local businesses, stakeholders, key grocery retail store partners, as well as a happy stream of local families and visitors.
With over 1200 guests throughout the day enjoying the music, entertainment, food and vendors, and beautiful farmyard location, it was an incredible day for our Island Good community to share, collaborate, and showcase their “Make it, Bake it, Grow it” products!
- Vendors: 40 + Island Good vendors including Coal Creek Roastersall the way from Tahsis!
- First-Time Announcement for the newly created Island Good Tea presented by Christine Lilyholm of Stonehouse Teasin Campbell River
- Key partners attending:
- Grocery Retail Partners including 49th Parallel Grocery, Quality Foods
- VIPs: Shop BCauseour new Island Good box partner; and our very own Island Good President, George Hanson, and fellow VIEA Board Members
- Media guests: Nanoose Bay News/Patterson media; Shaw, other freelance bloggers including renowned freelancer Don Genova, previously with CBC
- Prize Draw: Vendors generously contributed to a fabulous basket prize valued at over $600.00!
Our media and social media campaign leading up to profile the marketplace included support and hits in many local community events listings, plus hits in Nanaimo News Now, CHEK news blast, and Business Examiner and support from radio blasts from PattisonMedia.
An amazing successful first-ever Island Good event! Thanks to everyone for your support!
City of Langford Supports Local Businesses and Producers for Island Good
Eligible Langford businesses and producers can now take advantage of free Island Good licensing for 2022. In 2021, as part of the City’s pandemic recovery strategy, the City of Langford partnered with Island Good to provide qualifying Langford businesses with free licensing to promote their local products. The City is continuing this support by paying for new and renewing Island Good licenses to help improve sales and market share for Langford businesses making and/or selling local products.
“Langford businesses and producers are vital to our local economy,” says Langford Mayor Stew Young. “The shop local movement is here to stay, and this partnership will help lift Langford businesses up to reach their full potential. The Island Good program provides much-needed promotion to those businesses while in turn strengthening our local economy.” Island Good membership provides local businesses with promotion on the Island Good website and social media pages, as well as brand recognition in Island Good radio, TV, and print media campaigns. And the Island Good logo on products and at point of sale make it easy for people to find Island-made products when they shop.
The City of Langford is giving another promotional boost to Langford businesses by proclaiming June 20 to 26, 2022 to be ‘Island Good Days’.
Langford businesses that produce and/or sell Island-made products qualify for this free licensing opportunity, which is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the funding is spent. Click here to apply.
Island Good was created and is managed by the Vancouver Island Economic Alliance (VIEA) to help improve business prospects for goods production in the Vancouver Island and Gulf Island region. This is a story of altruism secured in the fundamental belief that ‘a rising tide lifts all boats’. VIEA is a unique non-profit, non-government organization that started Island Good on a shoe-string budget with a simple question: ‘If we make it easier for shoppers to identify local products, will the buy more?’ The answer, we have discovered, is a resounding ‘YES!’ And this answer leads us to an important observation: greater awareness leads to more sales and more market share which leads to increased production, investment and jobs. Island Good is good for us and good for our economy.
Other ways you can join us celebrating ‘Island Good Days’?
- Watch the Upcoming Events Pageon the Island Good website for more information.
- Look for/ask for Island Good wherever you shop;
- Visit islandgood.ca to discover Island Good products and where you can buy them;
- Follow Island Good on social media (islandgoodbrand);
- Have you been enjoying a particular Island Good product? Send us your Island Good stories;
- Sign up to receive the Island Good newsletter at islandgood.ca.